It is always such a pain to get the fire started in our fire pit in the summer. As I was making candles a few days ago, I decided to recycle the walnut shells that I had saved this winter. I also used the tiny bits of wick that came from the candles I had melted down in my candle recycling efforts. At first I was just discarding the wicks, but here I was able to reuse a few. I set the walnuts into a plastic tray that I saved from a gift of candy that James received at Christmas. All this from trying to limit the amount of trash we generate. I will admit I haven’t tried them out yet, but no doubt they will be better at getting the fire to start than using a piece of newspaper. Happy Crafting to you all!!